Incentives offered through TECH Clean California are available for contractors installing Heat Pumps and Heat Pump Water Heaters to qualifying customers throughout the State of California.
TECH YouTube Page - Program details are shared in our YouTube video collection, including our rules webinars and onboarding trainings to make them more accessible for your company.
Incentives are available for:
- Statewide single-family HP HVAC (for projects sold 4/25/23-on)
- BayREN Midstream HPWH -- Silicon Valley Power (SVP) and Clean Power San Francisco (CPSF) territories only
- Statewide, with the exception of Electric IOU customers in PG&E gas territory and SMUD electric customers, single-family HPWH (for projects sold between 10/31/23 - on)
- Statewide multifamily HPWH (reservations are required, please visit this page to learn more)
- Commercial HPWH (electric IOU territory only)
- 3CE EYH single-family and multifamily HP HVAC and HPWH (for projects sold 12/6/23-on)
Incentives are not available for:
- BayREN Midstream HPWH for the following CCAs: East Bay Community Energy (EBCE/AVA) sales made after 11/6/23, and Marin Clean Energy (MCE) sales made after 12/15/23
- Statewide multifamily HP HVAC (Funds are fully reserved)
- Single–Family, Market Rate HPWH incentives for electric IOU customers in PG&E gas territory (as of 2/6/24)
- Single–Family, Market Rate HPWH incentives for SMUD electric customers in PG&E gas territory single-family (as of 2/9/24)
Program budgets are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Available budget will be updated regularly at California TECH Initiative - Energy Solutions.
Statewide HPWH Incentive Availability
Statewide single-family and commercial HPWH incentives are available as of October 31, 2023. A complete refresh of TECH HPWH rules, processes, and list of qualified products can be found here.
Please note: As of February 6th and Febuary 9th, single-family market rate HPWH incentives are fully reserved for Electric IOU customers in PG&E gas territory and for SMUD electric customers in PG&E gas territory, respectively. Claims created after those dates in these territories are not eligible for market rate incentives. Equity incentives in these territories are not impacted and are still available.
Please see the status of the incentive budget here. To see if you or your customer qualify for current TECH HPWH incentives, please go to the Incentive Finder on the Switch is On. Visit our public reporting site for more information on the upcoming relaunch of multifamily HPWH incentives.
3CE Electrify Your Home Program Now Available
Please note, incentives are again available for single family and multifamily projects through Central Coast Community Energy's (3CE) Electrify Your Home (EYH) program for sales on or after 12/6/2023. There have been changes to the incentive levels – please visit here for more information